Origin Engines 8.0L
When the General Motors 8.1L engine went away, it left a lot of industrial engine customers wondering what would replace it.
Many of those Engine Distributors and OEMs chose Origin Engines. The Origin Engines 8.0L is built specifically for demanding industrial applications - not vehicles - you can expect greater durability, outstanding reliability and consistent design and performance over the long haul.
The 8.0L industrial engine from Origin Engines is the perfect alternative to the extinct GM 8.1L. In fact, it's not just a replacement. It's better. Much better. Engineered for super duty and reliability under the most demanding conditions, the Origin Engines 8.0L industrial engine delivers the power and reliability you demand - and a consistent configuration year after year that virtually eliminates the need for costly and frequent adaptations.
Available in both certified and non-certified models, the Origin Engines 8.0L industrial engine can also be customized to meet your application.
We’ve engineered details that matter in the field:
- Piston oilers provide cooler piston crown temperatures and increased lubrication.
- Coil-near-plug ignition provides greater spark control virtually eliminates field service failures common of distributor ignition systems.
- Integrated, high flow oil cooler ports.
- Hydraulic roller valve lifters for reduced friction and improved performance.
- Large capacity oil pan contains several threaded fittings for easier maintenance.
- Stellite-faced Inconel valves ensure performance in extreme duty applications.
- Hardened valve guides provide longer life.
- Teflon front and rear main seals provide three times the life of conventional seals.
- Oil Pan Gasket is one-piece molded silicone with a steel carrier.
- Head Gasket is solid steel core with stainless steel “armor”.
- Cylinder heads feature hardened exhaust and intake seats for increased head life.
- Hydraulic roller lifter camshaft, optimized for high-torque industrial applications.
- Pistons engineered to dissipate heat for extreme duty.
- EPA Certification allows packages to operate on propane and natural gas.